Alien Abductions; Sleep Paralysis?

August 20, 2009 | By | 14 Comments

Why do the skeptics time and time again use “Sleep Paralysis” as the answer for alien abduction stories? Some even go so far as to say ghost sightings fall within that scenario too! I guess Jason and Grant pretty much fool us all with every ghostly encounter they record on audio and video.  We must all be asleep while watching their show, Ghost Hunters.

(Yeah I am being sarcastic)

The Sleep Paralysis excuse is used by individuals who don’t think this planet is being visited. This is it! The basis for their reasoning.  If they thought otherwise, then they would at least have an open mind to the possibility. But their equation states: [no aliens = no abductions]…that simple. Oh, they try to save face by telling us they believe in the possibility life exists outside this planet, but they still won’t fess up to that.  It’s always “I believe” or “I’m sure” or “The possibility”, but seriously folks, there is no possibility life exists outside this planet, there is an “absolute”. Hello McFly! LIFE EXISTS OUTSIDE THIS PLANET! Can I be anymore blunt? Ok, now I’m going to share with you my personal quote I use all the time when I lecture. Ready?

Based on statistic analysis and science (not religion) and what we know about our planet’s creation, “The probability of life existing outside this planet is “greater than” the probability of life existing on this planet”.

Chuck Zukowski: (the UFO scholar and pretty cool guy who’s never wrong, well maybe sometimes, but not always…don’t ask my wife..)

You’ll have to think about that quote.. hmmm but, but, life exists on this planet?? Exactly

Yeah guess what? Life is out there. The question is, “Is it visiting us?” That’s where UFO investigation comes in. It’s our job to find proof of alien visitation to this planet! Simple, even a Fourth Grader can understand this. Ok back to the people who sit on their butts, don’t take the time to venture into the other aspects of UFO sightings before they open that “pie hole” in their face. (btw) Where did the saying “pie hole” come from?

[Urban Dictionary] Noun. Mouth, ie; the hole you ought to be using for eating (pie) and not spewing false information about Alien Abductions. (From British Slang, sorta)

Ok enough about pie, I’m getting hungry, back to abductions. NO! NO! NO! or Nein! Nein! Nein! if your German, or if you’re Spanish, (?) wait it’s the same. Anyway, you don’t have to be asleep to have an abduction experience! Here are just four (not asleep) cases for you to read then ponder about. Do you’re own research, just don’t believe me, and please… don’t buy that crap the skeptics are dishing out, because you’ll need to buy big rubber waders and a shovel. Oh and a mask too, because it stinks!

1. (The most famous and hard to debunk)
Betty and Barney Hill: In September of 1961 while driving late at night on U.S. Route 3 coming back to Portsmouth from upstate New York, they observed a bright point of light in the sky. They stopped the car to observe the light using a pair of binoculars, then went on their way. About one mile south of Indian Head, they could see a light shining above their vehicle and could hear buzzing sounds. Suddenly a huge craft quickly descended toward them causing Barney to stop the car in the middle of the highway. Upon exiting the vehicle Barney observed figures in the window of the craft.. Long story short, by the time they made it home, there was unexplained missing time.

2. Travis Walton Story: On November 5th 1975 while working with a logging crew in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest in Arizona, Mike Rogers and his crew saw a bright light from behind an upcoming hill. They drove closer and stated they saw a large silvery disc hovering above a clearing. Rogers slowed the truck and then Travis leaped from the vehicle and ran toward the disc. Travis ran nearly below the disc in which time the observers said the disc began making noises similar to a loud turbine. As it started to wobble a beam of light came down struck Travis throwing him to the ground. The crew fearing he had been killed, drove away in fright. Travis reappeared 5 days later.

3. The Allagash Abductions: Twin brothers, Jack and Jim Weiner, with friends Chuck Rak and Charles Foltz, were on a fishing trip at Eagle Rock in Maine. On August 26, 1976, they decided to try some night fishing. While out on the lake they saw a large, glowing object. Frightened, they paddled back to shore only to find that the fire at their campsite was out, although it should have kept burning for hours. No one spoke of what happened, but as time went on, each of them started having nightmares bout the incident. They eventually all went through regressive hypnosis with Raymond E. Fowler and recalled similar stories. Raymond E. Fowler’s book, Allagash Abductions documents their story.

4. Zukowski Investigation: In 2004 just outside Colorado Springs a young couple were abducted from their vehicle approximately 12:30pm (lunch time) Both individuals stated they could see their vehicle from above. Both individuals had x-ray proof of a foreign object in their left arm opposite the elbow. After written approval their doctor verified the x-rays to me. Alien implant removal specialists Dr. Leir, was contacted and was making arrangements for the couple to fly to California to have the implants removed. They soon disappeared and could not be found.

Abduction stories starting in the early ’60′s talked about the big head oval shaped eye creatures including the hearing of buzzing and mechanical sound at the time of the incident. This is not a product of watching Close Encounters, or ET, the most popular case, Betty and Barney Hill occurred more than a decade before these movies were released! So why won’t the skeptics go after the Hill story? Because there is a conscience, direct physical craft sighting before the abduction took place. Gee, “Sleep Paralysis” can’t explain that one. You know it amazes me how certain doctors can fully explain the functions of the brain when we can’t explain how we fully retain images. The brain is still one of the most intriguing unresolved mysterious of science. Well except to the Skeptics, they know it all.

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Alien Abductions, Conspiracies, In the News, Stan Romanek

About the Author ()

For the past 28 years Chuck has been researching and investigating the UFO/Paranormal phenomenon. Chuck approaches his investigations with an analytical understanding, making sure to address all human known possibilities before venturing into the non-human or paranormal aspects of the sightings. (TV Shows in which Chuck's investigations have been featured on:) *2002, The Roswell Crash, Startling New Evidence: Documentary Sci-Fi Channel *2006, Sci Fi Investigates: Episode 5, The Roswell episode, Sci-Fi Channel *2009, Primetime: Outsiders, with Juju Chang, Alien Abductions, NBC *2010, SyFy Fact or Faked: Episode 6, San Luis Cattle Mutilation, SyFy Channel *2011, Chasing UFO’s, Episode 3, Alien Cowboys, San Luis Cattle Mutilation, Nat Geo *2013, Finding Bigfoot, Bailey Colorado episode, Animal Planet

Comments (14)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Michael says:

While “Sleep Paralysis” certainly does not explain ALL types abduction stories, it certainly does explain at least a good portion of them (i.e. those in which the viewer is unable to move, is in the presence of vague figures, feels inexplicable paranoia, unfamiliar and unmemorable environments). As a sufferer myself, I too grappled mentally and emotionally with what I had experienced during these episodes, but being a rational and open minded person, I simply came to other conclusions regarding what I had experienced. This in and of itself would seem to prove nothing, except that once I had learned to treat the experience as a lucid dream, I became able to end the experience every time.

In fact, I’ve recently tried to prolong these episodes, as my recollection of these experiences is getting shady, since it’s been so long. When I do experience the noise, the paranoia, the indecipherable speech, the looming figures, the repetitive symbols on my digital clock (usually the impossible 8:88 or 0:00 for me, though I’ve heard 3:33 and 2:22 are common), I find I instinctively take steps to end the experience, only to realize after waking that I actually wanted it to happen.

I am very interested in discussing my sleep paralysis experiences with others. I have a spammable email address you may contact me at: shamsael@yahoo.com

2. greyman says:

It was me Freydo

3. duane says:

I to have experienced sleep paraylsis but the figures i saw were gray human like they just stood in the doorway of my bed room it was preety scarey experiance.

4. missy says:

I had two nights of so called hallucinations about two years ago, and it has not occured since. I work for a sleep specialist, and read articles about my incidents afterwards. It was what they say was sleep paralysis. I saw an image of what I thought was a “big spider” crawling on my pillow, I actually hit it, and heard a loud noise like something hit the wall. When I got up to check, nothing was there. I had “weird” terrible feelings and thoughts in my head that night, very restless. The next night, while “trying” to go to sleep, I saw images of flashing “delightful” pictures and some were devistating pictures. It was like somebody was doing a slide show to see how I would respond to the pictures in my head. I was even answering in my mind; oh that’s great, I remember that; Oh that’s terrrible. I God take that picture out of my brain. I had that very weird feeling in my head and my head felt like it was on fire and somebody was pressing on it. It was burning up. I kept praying to God to let it go away; I even felt like the devil or an alien was in my room. I saw things in my room, I had never seen before (guns, ammunition, i.e. military stuff). I even thought about the “spider” the night before, and wonder if it was a hand. Needless to say, I was “scared” to move. I thought I was going to die that night. I didn’t go to “sleep” that night, and that experience has never occured again. I was soooooo scared, and I have mentioned it to people, because it made me so terrified.

5. Marco says:

Betty and Barney hill hard to debunk? ARE you joking? Its the easiest. Betty Hill was a UFO nut, even before her UFO experience. Her husband barney never reported any type of alien experience until after being told by his wife, and furthermore their description of the aliens differed greatly until barney had heard his wife under hypnosis then their accounts matched.

Betty Hill was even Boo’ed off stage at a UFO conference in the 80s after she began showing photos in a presentation calling them alien ships when they were nothing more then common objects. One of the confrence organizers even commented that Betty Hill couldnt tell the difference between a street light and a landed alien ship.

6. L K Tucker says:

There is a better explanation of abduction episodes that does not involve sleep paralysis, Subliminal Distraction exposure.

SD was discovered as a problem when it caused mental breaks for office workers. The cubicle was designed to deal with the vision startle reflex in crowded office situations to prevent the believed to be harmless episodes.

The “special circumstances” for exposure can be created almost anywhere. Exposure is silent, painless, and invisible. It cannot be detected by the victim so that they believe the bizarre events are their own experiences without outside influence.

There is a full page about Barney and Betty Hill Abduction on VisionAndPsychosis.Net

7. sarah says:

three years since it happened …. i went to sleep one night and woke around 3 in the morning to a noise i had never heard before … i walked into the livingroom and peeked out the window and seen a ufo hovering over a hill just left of my house … i black out … i later wake in my bed tingleing from head to toe… i had another episode a week later only this time the ufo was in front of my house… just sitting there and as im watching this happen i hear a loud banging noise on my roof …. i back up and put my hands over my ears in disbelief of wats going on … and then i go blank again …. i dont remember getting into bed the last thing i recall is standing in my livingroom … i hear the noise every now and then but i dont see it anymore

8. mal says:

Alien implant removal specialists Dr. Leir. LOL

9. Colin Weuve says:

I am unsure why this topic isn’t much much more well known! My spouse may possibly possibly have it!

10. Kelley says:

what does it mean when you wake up and can’t move and can’t even open your eyes? i was very paraniod you could even say pretty scared. it’s happend only like 2 or 3 times. and after i lay there for a while saying in my head “i need to wake up” over and over, i pass out. if anybody knows anything about situations like this please e-mail me at kschostek@yahoo.com. i would really appreciate it! thanks!! -Kelley

11. Reymen Tom says:

hello, i am tom. a boy from belgium. i experience sleep paralysis regular.
    i cant move, feels like there is a present. i want to scream but i cant.
    after i had my first sleep paralysis some problems appeared.

everytime it happens i remember how i felt but not what happend,
    1 night i had the expierce having 3 times At 1 night sleep paralysis

i feel almost all the time even at day, pressure in my head sometimes it becomes so hard that i think its gonne explode.
    i am afraid to sleep and lock my door every time, i blind the windows because im afraid somthing sees me from outside. these are for me unknow feelings and appeard without a reson,
    after the first sleep paralysis i devolved insomnia.

yesterday i was watching the fouth kind. and i know it fictif but i had a reely scared feeling while watching it,
    now i am wondering if there is a link between allien contact and sleep paralysis

after the first expirience i getted a feardisorder.

if some one knows more please mail me at xxtraminimal@live.be

pm: sorry for my crappy english

12. DONNA says:

WHY is it that aliens seemingly are sooo interested in abducting americans??? i think they watch too much tv and are so gullible they will believe just about anything.

13. we as humans believe what we like and discard what we don’t like it is who we are …but me … i think alien abductees need to wake up and go to the toilet…

14. Leo says:

Guys I am here because last night and I am not kidding, I was paralized something that happen before but last night it was more intense, I am going to explain first what happen before I got paralized, on my left ear it started like an strong sound like airplain and quikly became more loud like strong wind with a very acute sound, I dont know well how to explain but it was very disturbing, inmediatly I started to panic, then I saw entering on my room two things like people and they standed in front of my face, they were with same hight and they were very short, I could see there heads and body I couldnt identified them well because of darkness in my room, I was trying to call my roomate screaming desperate but it was imposible, then they start doing somethin in my ear, all that probably last like 20 second, it was scary and, when I woke up my face was very pale and my left ear was humming with acute sound and it las for hours even until I woke up in the morning at nine o’clock. I dont know if that dream or a nightmare but I was awake it was very real for me. :/